International Shipping Available
Suspension Lift by SuperLift- Chevy/GMC TruSpeed ABS Recalibrator***
Photo may differ from actual product|
Quantity in Basket:
Part #: 34000
Product Brand: SuperLift
Stock: Available for Order
Chevrolet/GMC TruSpeed ABS Recalibrator. 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 Truck SuperLift TruSpeed ABS Recalibrator 34000 Chevy Chevrolet GMC |
*** For Use on GM Trucks.SUVs that have 4.56 or lower (numerically higher) rear end gear ratio.
*** Occasionally the ABS Warning light will illuminate when the vehicle stops, due to the positin of the tone ring in relation to the sensor; It will turn off as soon as the vehicle begins to move.
Virtually every vehicle manufactured since 1992 is equipped with an electronic speedometer that uses a sensor to read vehicle speed rather than a mechanical cable. This speed signal is a big factor in the overall performance equation. The speed sensor sends its signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM), the Powertrain Control Module, transmission, and if applicable, the anti-lock system "brain." When tire height and/or axle gearing is altered, these control units receive erroneous information. In all but the most extreme cases (really huge tires), an incorrectly calibrated vehicle will operate, but not at its peak. For example: if a vehicle is factory equipped with 28" tall tires and they are changed to 35s, a 20% change has occurred. Unless remedied, the various control systems will "think" that the vehicle is traveling 20% slower than it actually is. To make matters worse, newer computer-controlled vehicles have become extremely sensitive to changes in tire diameter and axle gear ratio.
The reduction in performance can be difficult to gauge, but it is real. Plus, the number and degree of malfunctions increase as speed signal inaccuracy increases.
The TruSpeed addresses all speed signal-related problems; it doesn't just correct the speedometer. How? The TruSpeed module installs in-line with the factory electronic speed sensor and converts the wrong speed signal into the correct one for your vehicle's new tire and/or axle gear ratio combination. Because the signal is altered at its source, all speed-sensitive vehicle systems will receive the correct speed data, which restores all proper functions. The TruSpeed is available for most domestic and import vehicles equipped with an electronic speedometer.
- Corrects speedometer / odometer readings, and the speed signal sent to the engine, Powertrain, and anti-lock brake control modules. Besides the obvious, these modules affect fuel delivery, engine timing, and automatic transmission shift points.
- Eliminates speed signal related reductions in engine performance and fuel economy, as well as related changes in exhaust emissions
- Infinite adjustability provides precise speed signal calibration within 1%
- Two settings allow off-roaders that seasonally run different height tires to correct their speed signal by flipping a switch
- Simple four-wire hookup Includes complete instructions and adjustment charts
- Can be recalibrated infinitely for future tire size or gear ratio changes
- Works on most vehicles equipped with an electronic speedometer